Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Fond Memories at Disneyland


Since my last post, which has been a while, I quit my job at Disneyland and I've spent a vast majority of my time at home with family and reflecting. (Also, this dress from H&M shrunk drastically since my last post.) Anyway, back to what I wanted to write- Quitting Disneyland wasn't as hard as I first thought it would be. I'm still unsure of a lot of things, but I do not worry because I genuinely believe things happen for a reason and soon everything will fall into place. As I was saying goodbye to all the cast members at Disney the one question everyone would ask is, "Where are you going?" I honestly did't know how to answer this question, because I wasn't going anywhere, yet it was as if people were expecting me to go somewhere. I didn't quit Disneyland because I had landed some amazing job elsewhere. Reflecting back at my decision, I quit Disneyland because I believe it was holding me back from pursuing other dreams. I have this daunting theory that getting too comfortable somewhere will hold me back from pursuing my dreams.

It's been a little over a month now and I do admit that I miss Disneyland and being a part of this amazing culture of people making magical movements for guests. Of course there were dull moments, but what made this experience special are the people that I worked with. Yes, people complain at Disneyland and cast members get irritated with guests at times. I give so much kudos to cast members who know how to keep that magic alive, believe me it is difficult to keep the magic alive everyday to exceed guest expectations. Nonetheless, there are some amazing people working right now that are making magical moments for strangers expecting nothing in return but a thank you. I experienced a lot of growth and memories during my time there that is why working at Disney will always have a special place in my life. As the 60th anniversary of Disneyland rapidly approaches this year I will wait patiently for my next visit to the Happiest Place on Earth and I have no doubt that it will be magical.

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment